[thelist] Web Advertising

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Sat Dec 28 17:15:00 CST 2002

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 13:36:32 -0500, August Trometer <bluegus at mac.com>
wrote:

> What is an average rate for banner advertising (468x60)? What about
> smaller ads (120x90)?

Why are you assuming that the ads have to be graphical?

Name</a>.  Please visit them for all your widget needs!</p>

> - Anything else I should keep in mind?

Don't upset your visitors.

How can ads upset?
	a) slow down site (especially if loading images from another site)
	b) distraction: flashing, jumping, flashing
	c) offending
	d) misleading
	e) no value to readers (which leads to being ignored by users)

TjL

--
Timothy Luoma <luomat at operamail.com>
30 Days to Becoming an Opera (6) Lover http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/