[thelist] WebEditpro - anyone used this?

Iva Koberg iva at livestoryboard.com
Sat Dec 28 19:55:01 CST 2002

>> >I'd keep looking if you care about the quality of the
>> markup, validity
>> >of the generated code, separation of concerns or even just the
>> >consistency of the design.
>>
>> Also agree but I have looked extensively at CMS in the price
>> range (<=£1000) and none of them offer nearly as elegant front ends.

I know what you mean. Have you considered hosted CMS's? (disclaimer: my
company is a hosted CMS vendor). Or something Open Source? Here are some
CMS resources:
http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/projects/cms/ttw/ttw.html
http://www.hartman-communicatie.nl/content/tools.htm (shows approximate
prices)
http://www.clueful.com.au/cgi-bin/cmsdirectory/browse/Products:Applicati
on%20Service%20Providers (hosted)

>> In fact usability tests with the client themself on a few
>> CMS demo sites proved that they simply couldnt even use most
>> of form based CMSs (stupid mistakes like double clicking
>> submits and using back button confusing them)

Absolutely agree with your clients - forms just don't cut it :)

>> so Im thinking that although I wouldnt like to see <font>
>> tags appearing everywhere at least they could USE this program.

I've heard good things about Bitflux (http://www.bitfluxeditor.org/),
but it's Mozilla only and Xopus (http://q42.nl/) - check them out.

good luck,
i.