[thelist] apache rewrite

Mike Migurski mike at saturn5.com
Sun Dec 29 03:33:01 CST 2002

>I asked a question the other day about rewrite in apache and Vie got that
>working ok..up to a point.
>
>When I type this in:
>http://australianbusinesscoupons.com.au/forums/
>it gets rewritten to look at cgi-bin/forums/index.php as it should.  Only
>problem is that my images aren't displayed.  All other links are correct but
>not images.

Based on a quick glance at the source, it seems that you are referencing
images relatively to the current location. When you look for images in
style_images/..., the browser assumes that the directory should be
relative to .../forums/, rather than .../cgi-bin/forums/.

Potential solutions include modifying your rewrite rules to catch image
calls (a little messy) or calling your images with absolute links
(cleaner, but less portable).

                 http://www.saturn5.com/mike/contact.html

                "Freedom! Horrible, horrible freedom!"