[thelist] survey says...

sasha spam at bittersweet2.com
Sun Dec 29 11:55:01 CST 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:27:35 +0000, Peter-Paul Koch
<gassinaumasis at hotmail.com> wrote:

> [sasha]
>
>> I believe your questions are answered by reading Flash vs HTML
>> >statistics.
>> f given a choice between HTML and Flash versions, I believe >as much as
>> 80%
>> pick HTML.
>
> Where did you get these numbers?

> ppk, freelance web developer
> Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
> Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
> Nieuw: Jaaroverzicht 2002
> http://www.naarvoren.nl/artikel/jaaroverzicht_2002.html

> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
> http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-
> bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3mf

http://aicdesign.net/design

This web designer claims 90%.  I don't know where they got their numbers.
Possibly by reading log files, but they don't actually say.

http://www.flazoom.com/cooler/1018287692,35990,.shtml

If you scroll about half way down, there is a user comment about the Flash
Forward 2001 convention where about 90% of the Flash developers asked
admitted to prefering the HTML version of the Flash Forward site over the
Flash version.

--
sasha