[thelist] Links and Spiders (PHP solution)

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Sun Dec 29 20:27:01 CST 2002

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:15:09 +1100, Lachlan Cannon
<luminosity at members.evolt.org> wrote:

> Timothy J. Luoma wrote:
>> // this actually sends the message
>> mail("$MAIL_TO", "$SUBJECT", "$MESSAGE", "$HEADERS");
>
> Tim, why the quotes around all your stand alone variables? All you're
> doing is making your files bigger and slowing down PHP's parsing.

Old habits die hard... shell scripting taught me to always quote my
variables.

My site is not so busy that I'm too concerned about efficiency, and I'm a
pretty new PHP slasher ("hacker" seemed too refined for what I do).

Can I just leave off the quotes, even around things like $MESSAGE that
might be multiline, etc?

TjL
--
Timothy Luoma <luomat at operamail.com>