[thelist] How to install various browsers (esp IE) on one m/c?

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Dec 31 08:53:24 CST 2002

Hi list (my first posting)

I've got IE4 installed on my W98 m/c atm, and I'd like 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 and
maybe 3.? too just for fun. But everyone I ask seems to think any more
recent IE will simply overwrite my 4.0, which is no fun at all.

The best suggestion seems to be to dual boot, which seems like a
sledgehammer/nut thing. Other suggestions include running some sort of
virtual Windows or soft dual boot which also seems too complex.

Does anyone have an easy fix for this? For instance, what happens if I
install IE 6.0 and then back-install the others in different
directories/discs?
Cheers