[thelist] How to install various browsers (esp IE) on one m/c?

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 31 09:55:01 CST 2002

> > I've got IE4 installed on my W98 m/c atm, and I'd like 5.0, 5.5,
> > 6.0 and maybe 3.? too just for fun. But everyone I ask seems to
> > think any more recent IE will simply overwrite my 4.0, which is
> > no fun at all.

5.0 or 5.5: download browser, be sure to check 'Custom Install' =>
'Advanced' => 'Keep IE4' (or something).

This does *not* work for IE6.

3.0: Next to 4 and 5.0, I succesfully installed a 16bits IE3 on WinNT and
Win2000, not, however, on Win98. Get a 16bits version from
browsers.evolt.org

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
Nieuw: Jaaroverzicht 2002
http://www.naarvoren.nl/artikel/jaaroverzicht_2002.html