[thelist] Designing ErrorDocs

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Tue Dec 31 11:17:01 CST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:03:53 -0500, carole guevin <carole at pixeltable.com>
wrote:

> I custom design error docs for clients and all sites I manage

good idea

> shutting down directories that I don't want people snooping around

not a bad idea

> and worst, copy the content.

If it's on the site they can copy it

> Also make time out (about 5 sec) and a redirect
> to a page that is a *starting point* for the site.

I wouldn't recommend an automatic redirect, and certainly not as quickly as
5 seconds for a page with tiny print in a light color font.

That method takes a simple typo and shoves me somewhere that may not even
closely resemble where I want to go.

A simple link to "What's new" is sufficient.  I may be looking for
something old.

TjL

--
Timothy Luoma <luomat at operamail.com>