[thelist] Designing ErrorDocs

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Dec 31 14:35:01 CST 2002

you can still download the css files. i just tried it and it worked. i
don't plan on using it btw, but my point is that you haven't really
restricted anything and timothy's point of "If it's on the site they can
copy it" still stands.

> > I wouldn't recommend an automatic redirect, and certainly not
> > as quickly as
> > 5 seconds for a page with tiny print in a light color font.
>
> It really doesn't matter to me if someone can read or not - since they
> have reached a no-no directory - they are redirected to the what's new
> page - or the top most page where the navigation is available.

in that case why have a page display at all? maybe you should have a
blank page display for 1 second or less and then redirect or just allow
the standard "Directory Browsing Disabled" page display? or maybe a
similar message?

chris.