[thelist] Designing ErrorDocs

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Tue Dec 31 14:50:02 CST 2002

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, carole guevin wrote:
> > > and worst, copy the content.
> > If it's on the site they can copy it
>
> I'm sorry they can make a *save as* of the page but recently netdiver
> underwent bad-bad copycat - for instance when the *css* directory was
> *opened* you could actually go and fetch the css... well a LOT of
> freakin' work goes into building css... don't mind sharing - but...

Meet curl: curl -O http://netdiver.net/css/global.css
Also, you just put a default document in the directory, yeah?
This doesn't look like an actual server error message.

Probably should disable index listings for the domains in question and
make the 403 error whatever you want the "bad hackers" to see..

I'd be stoked if someone made a bad rip of one of my sites!  :)

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/