when is some too much? WAS RE: [thelist] Link Types

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Fri Jan 3 06:22:01 CST 2003

Aleem said:

> Simply put, just use a text based browser, start off with
> XHTML and then pretty it up with CSS. I'd love to hear from
> someone why that is not enough because I've always considered
> this to be enough?

The argument that I typically hear against this comes from the designer, who
thinks that their ability to paint the canvas is limited when they can't use
Flash or they can't use tables to control their layout (which is not
necessarily true).

You are right, Aleem.  Start with XHTML and CSS, don't mess with the logical
tab order of the page, provide in-page navigation such as *skip navigation*
and use the ALT attribute and you can be pretty sure that the page is
accessible.

Randal