[thelist] MS Word conversion to HTML

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Jan 3 10:24:01 CST 2003

> My thoughts, never use MS Word to "Save as a web page..." The code
generated
> is overkill IMHO; pages can become really heavy. You can try using your
> favorite WYSIWYG editor and try and mimic the layout. Save there. Or hire
> someone to do it, if you feel you want to take that route and aren't
> proficient to do it on your own. But if you absolutely must, do the save
as
> a web page... feature.
>
>  - me
>

>My real problem is that word saves the entire document as *one* web
>page. I am looking to split it up into however many pages the document
>truly has.

>Thanks.

Try this then...(this might be tedious) Copy and paste each page o' stuff to
a new document, Save as a blah blah, sequence the savings. Voila.

Then use what other evolters have suggested i.e. Tidy, Unmunger, etc., or
just clean up the USELESS code yourself. (sorry I hate the Save as the Web
Page with a severe passion)

 - me again