when is some too much? WAS RE: [thelist] Link Types

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Fri Jan 3 11:27:21 CST 2003

The classic example I like to use is, the DMV (Dept. of Motor Vehicles)
web site should be accessible to blind people.

Hmmm, but blind people don't drive...

But the DMV is where they get their ID card from.

There are so many accessibility issues out there, unless you do the
research, you'll never think of them all.

The diveintoaccessibility.org site does a good job of showing you how to
better use available tools to build more accessible sites - easily,
without a lot more work.

There are some decent sites/books dealing with accessiblity, Joe Clark
is another good resource: http://www.joeclark.org/

Personally I *try* to make my sites as accessible as I can, but I don't
drive myself insane thinking about it. Do the best you can do, that's
all you can do.

Pete