[thelist] MSSQL Stored Proc problem

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Jan 3 16:12:01 CST 2003

> Yes, with quotes it complains about the implicit conversion from varchar
> to float.

from your first post, i imagined something like

   WHERE question_number IN ( 2, 4.1, 17.3, 21 )

quotes not allowed because the floats are numerics

> Without quotes it complains about the SET (when building and
> testing SPs I work in Query Analyser and just use DECLAREs and SETs to
> build the environment) where we define the parameter.

i guess what i was asking was, did you test the query itself, as a
standalone query, not in a stored proc, in order to get the query running so
that you'd have the basis towards which you are trying to parameterize (ach
du lieber, mein englisch!) the variable list of question numbers

rudolf