[thelist] What Hex Do *You* Get?

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Sat Jan 4 18:39:01 CST 2003

On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, .jeff wrote:

> ben,
>
> bend my ear all you like.  my video card only supports 256 color, 16 bit,
> and 32 bit.  no 24 bit here.
>
> .jeff

*ptooey*  That was the sound of me spitting out shoe leather.

I would very much like to know how that came to pass, and what vid h/w
you're running - mostly so that I can mark it down as Something I'll
Never Buy.  (No offense intended.)

Seriously, that's unique - can't say I've seen anything like that since 24
bit capable video hardware went on the market.  (Is this on a rig built
for gaming?)

Let me know when your ear regains its original physiognomy.

--
Ben Henick                     "In the long run, men hit only what they aim
Web Author At-Large             at.  Therefore, though they should fail