[thelist] XHtml elements moving in the page

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Sat Jan 4 19:00:01 CST 2003

> few pixel right. I've discovered that I can remove the
> problem using absolute width, but I want to understand
> this strange behaviour. Can anyone enlight me?

Ricardo, two guesses as to why this might be happening:

a:hover, a:active {
	text-decoration: none;
	background-color: #ff0;
	border-bottom: 1px dashed #666;
	color: #000;
	margin-bottom: -1px
	}

you hover tag modifies the margins which is not a good
idea because everytime someone hovers over a link,
the area around it will move because the margins change.

Secondly, it could also be the the border-bottom tag,
but quite unlikely.

Do you have the margin-bottom: -1px to offset the
extra pixel the border takes up? I am guessing that is
the case. You can work around it by replacing (in your a
declaration):

text-decoration: underline
with
border-bottom: 1px solid #36c

Not the most elegant solution but this is most likely
the problem. I am sure you could find a better solution.

aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]