[thelist] PHP blogger

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 6 07:39:01 CST 2003

> What is the exact definition of a blog/blogger?

I'm no expert but blog/ger is not an IT/tech term so
there's no formal definition.

>> From what I can gather the actual mechanisms of a
>> blog/blogger are that the
> content of a web page can be created -> stored in a DB and
> called to the site using any number of the languauges
> available for web development and then subsequent
> management of the content is either by visitors or admin
> via the browser.  Is there something important I have
> missed?  I would realy like to know what this blog is.

It doesn't have to be stored in a db, it could simply be a
static page that you add to every day. It's like keeping
an online journal or log, hence the name blog (since it's
a weblog). How you do it doesn't really matter, you can even
send an email to your blog program through your cellphone
and it will come up on your page as a blog entry (and people
do it too). look it up on whatis.com , if you must.

And as far as community driven content goes, check out wiki's.
It's the most fascinating thing I've seen come up recently.
With time it could easily be the P2P of web content.

aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]