[thelist] PHP Form Validation

shawn allen shawn at alterior.net
Mon Jan 6 15:29:01 CST 2003

quoth Andrew Maynes:
> the reason I want a validation is because the company will receive a
> notification that someone has told a friend.  It would be pretty silly
> to tell the compant that someone has clicked the send without putting
> in their email addresses in.  I will only get them asking me to make
> sure the form fields have to be filled in!

But why does that require that you "validate" the actual addresses (when
in fact some valid addresses might be rejected)? It doesn't stop anyone
from inputting a valid, yet non-existent address ("foo at bar.com"), right?

Personally, I tend to give up on sites that reject my perfectly valid
address(es). IMO, it's akin to barring entry by certain UA's, or with
javascript disabled.

--
shawn allen
  mailto://shawn@alterior.net