[thelist] Cannot Delete - Sharing Violation

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 10:25:14 CST 2003

I have only ever used Unix Servers (am I right that IIS is Windoze?)  hence I
just assumed the server was broken or just badly configured.

Are you using IIS?

I found that most files are kind of "locked" by IIS for a few seconds (but how
many remains a mystery to me), so you cannot overwrite or delete them during
that time. Two solutions, either wait for IIS to give back the rights on the
file, or stop/restart IIS for the connection to drop.

If you're not using IIS I'm clueless.