[thelist] Blog based KM tool

Boris Mann boris at bmannconsulting.com
Tue Jan 7 10:27:01 CST 2003

My instinctual response was to answer "Drupal" as well, especially when
you mentioned multiple people with their own blogs (and potentially
different types of info, like how-tos, interesting links, etc. etc.)
BUT it's PHP/MySQL, not Coldfusion/SQLServer...

I bet the Drupal folks would be real happy if you ported it to CF :)

In any case, I'll second the motion that it is a good tool to look at,
even if you do end up rolling your own. One feature I'll point out is
the ability to add in multiple RSS "feeds" in which individual items
can then be "blogged" directly by members -- a good way to pull in
market-specific information, news, general tips, etc.

A Wiki, especially for marketing types ( kidding! kidding! although
they will likely complain about the use of GeekCaps ), will likely take
waaaay too much discipline on the part of end users to maintain /
organize.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com