[thelist] OT (Kinda) Legal Liability Info

Brian W. Reaves brian at brianreaves.com
Tue Jan 7 10:52:01 CST 2003

If anyone knows of any good links/resources to read up on legal liabilities
for web developers and hosts, please send. I am working on a proposal for a
new project which will deal with individuals SS#, credit reports, and
creating a new type of reporting service. I want to make sure I am protected
from liabilities from security breaches, hackers, slander issues, etc.

Secondly, have any of you every heard of a developer purchasing insurance to
protect themselves from these type of issues, if needed at all?

Earth First,
Brian W. Reaves
Webmaster
http://brianreaves.com/
334_657_8023

All attachments have been scanned for viruses. If you think you have
received a virus from me, please let me know.