[thelist] Lightweight Email Client Suggestions

Massimo Mezzini webmaster at menouno.com
Wed Jan 8 03:14:01 CST 2003

On 7 Jan 2003 at 21:03, Burhan Khalid wrote:

>  A client of mine recently asked me to recommend
> what he calls "slim" email clients. His target system is has
> only 64 megs of RAM and runs Windows 98.

I happily run Pegasus Mail on a similar AMD 200 machine for years

> [...] Features desired are :
>
>  (*) Multiple account/personality support
>    > The ability to access multiple accounts at one run (so far -- I
>    haven't figured out how to get Pegasus to do it)

Tools > Identities, create a new identity and then configure it. I'm
currently running about 25 of them, no problem.

>  (*) Remote message interface (selective download, etc.)

next PMail update (ready anyweek now...) will also have a remote
filtering capability that will let you kill known spam on the server
without downloading it.

ciao

Massimo

---