[thelist] Re: IIS Not serving revised pages (Boris Mann)

Chris Marsh chris at webbtech.co.uk
Wed Jan 8 09:59:01 CST 2003

Gary

> Thanks for the advice, but since I have completely removed
> the page and it is still being displayed ... will adding no
> cache information to the page work?

It *should* do. I use the following (probably info in the links
previously posted, but what the heck ;):

Response.Expires = 60
Response.Expiresabsolute = Now() - 1
Response.AddHeader "pragma","no-cache"
Response.AddHeader "cache-control","private"
Response.CacheControl = "no-cache"

Check out this article as well:
http://www.activeserverpages.com/learn/cachenomore.asp

> >By default, IIS caches web pages. This is really annoying for
> >test/development servers.>
> >
> >Some MS Support links that should prove helpful:
> >
> >"How to Modify the Cache-Control HTTP Header When You Use IIS"
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;247404
> >
> >"HOW TO: Prevent Web Caching in Windows 2000"
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;311006

Quick thought -- you're not going through a proxy server are you? If so,
make sure that the fault does not lie therein...

Regards

Chris Marsh