[thelist] Safari details + UA string (was Apple releases new browser for OS X - "Safari")

David Burband kru_tch at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 8 19:05:01 CST 2003

On 1/8/2003 7:16 AM, Lachlan Cannon wrote:

> Ugh. Why the hell did they put Gecko in the UA string? So now instead of
> a reliable way to pick moz based browsers out further filtering is
> needed. Thanks Apple...

What's interesting to note, is that the majority of the Apple development team
that has produced Safari, is from the Eazel project with the exception of David
Hyatt, who created the Chimera browser based on Mozilla code. For reference
purposes and to show that I just didn't make this up, see
<http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=104197092318639&w=2>

--
Cheers,

David Burband