[thelist] IIS Not serving revised pages

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Jan 8 19:19:01 CST 2003

IIS itself may be caching the page.

In the webapplication's properties tab (in the IIS MMC Snapin), uncheck the
"Cache ISAPI Applications" checkbox, and restart the website if required.

Recheck this box as soon as possible, as you will take a performance hit
with it unchecked.

That said, I've never run into this problem on any recent Win2k machine
(only when Win2k first came out, and also on NT boxes). I suspect that it
either has something to do with having a low amount of memory on the
webserver -or- not having a recent service pack installed.

Cheers
Ken

From: "Morgan Kelsey" <morgan at morgankelsey.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] IIS Not serving revised pages

: gary,
:
: >
: > I have been having a re-occurring problem with some sites (or just
pages) on
: > our IIS running on win2000.
: >
: > Heres what happens ... I will modify a page and post it to the web
server,
: > but the page the server passes out is the old page.  I have even deleted
: > pages completely and IIS still passes them out (which should be
impossible).
: > I have also noticed this when deleting an entire site.  Has anyone else
seen
: > this problem, or better yet a solution.  The only thing that works for
us is
: > to create a new web and delete the old one.
: >
:
: that sounds like a proxy server somewhere between you and your web server.
do you
: have physical access to the box? what happens if you browse it locally on
the
: server?
: you can try playing with the content expires headers, but then you may
have to
: wait until the proxy clears itself....
:
: right click the site in IIS --> properties --> HTTP Headers
:
: good luck,
:
: nagrom
: http://www.morgankelsey.com/
:
: --
: * * Please support the community that supports you.  * *
: http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/
:
: For unsubscribe and other options, including the Tip Harvester
: and archives of thelist go to: http://lists.evolt.org
: Workers of the Web, evolt !