[thelist] smarty breaks up display on fast reloads

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 9 00:19:01 CST 2003

Sent this mail before but it did not come up on thelist,
so I'm sending a re-edited version.

This is probably a unique problem and I'm hoping someone
has a solution. If you look at:

http://members.evolt.org/aleem/

and keep reloading the page consecutively about 6-8 times
you'll get an instance where it's broken. Here's a
screenshot of the broken page:

http://members.evolt.org/aleem/_temp/ss-broken.gif

Caching is disabled, and enabling it doesn't make much
of a difference either. It's not a plugin problem
either, but I have a gut feeling that it could be
the compiled templates that aren't being served
correctly. Maybe it's worth mentioning, this problem
does not occur when I am testing the site
locally on my own machine, but occurs on the evolt
server. Sometimes the problem occurs one in 5-10
times and at other times it just refuses to load
a correct version. I am hoping someone on the list
can help, otherwise I'll probably try some Smarty
forums.

thanks,
aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]