[thelist] smarty breaks up display on fast reloads

Aleem Bawany aleem.bawany at utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 9 00:41:01 CST 2003

> Sent this mail before but it did not come up on thelist,
> so I'm sending a re-edited version.
>
> This is probably a unique problem and I'm hoping someone
> has a solution. If you look at:

never mind... I figured it out. Smarty has buggy support for
config files, I'm headed to submit a bug report. It might
save someone some trouble to know what the problem was
(smarty 2.3.1):

the documentation says you can use the following syntax
for your config files:
var1 = value1
var2 = "value2"
var3 = "another value"

Quotes (either single or double are optional):
http://www.rrf.ru/doc/smarty/config.files.html

However, neither single nor double quoes are escaped
properly, hence outputting something like this:

\"value\" instead of just plain value

the work-around is to simply skip quotes altogether.
Smarty works just fine without them and I am assuming
uses the newline\carriage feed to determine the next
pair or key\values.

HTH someone
aleem

[ http://members.evolt.org/aleem/ ]