[thelist] Initial site check

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Jan 9 11:51:01 CST 2003

Benjer <mailto:futureweb at macmail.com> wrote:

> > 2. the animated graph on the top right of the site is bothersome.
> > not only is it an animated graphic, but it also shifts strangely.
>
> As usual the client *really* wants that to animate - regardless of
> wasted bandwidth. Well spotted, at least 10 people here have seen the
> site and not noticed the jump.

hurray for me! <sing>eye of the tiger</sing>

> > 3. doesn't validate
>
> Sadly not on the list of requirements in our office, if I get the
> time I'd like to try and get it o validate but where is the trade-off
> between time (equals cost) and validation?

well as i'm sure you know, if you *start* the project with validation in
mind it wouldn't take any longer than coding without standards in mind.
but now you've already gone and done it without standards, i would say
it will take a bit of time (meaning, longer than if you had done it from
the beginning) to standardize it if you will.

probably not much help, and a little vague, but the point is mainly to
just do it from the beginning. of course you may or may not already know
this (i don't know). in case you do just let it be a lesson to the
younger d3z1gn3rz out there. ;)

chris.

---
insert signature text here