[thelist] Email address existence validation

Bob Haroche spambait at onpointsolutions.com
Thu Jan 9 13:17:02 CST 2003

> Can anyone point me in the direction of any resources regarding how to
> validate an email address as being able to receive mail (as opposed to
> simply being theoretically valid)?

When I need to clean up a large mailing list, I use the windows shareware
(approx $40) Advanced Maillist Verify:

http://www.mailutilities.com/amv/?famv_42

It supposedly does what you want. The thing is though that a number of ISP's
attempt to defeat spammer's use of programs like this by returning false
results or no results at all. Still, it's the best I've found for the rare
times I need to use something along these lines.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s
www.OnPointSolutions.com