[thelist] Zope/CMF/Plone new Metadata elements

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Jan 9 18:24:01 CST 2003

I'm setting up a Plone site, which I want to have new documents
categorised into category headings.

Given that I have to be able to move content from one category to another,
using differently named (but otherwise identical) Content Types doesn't
seem to be sensible.

I also want to be able to use the related box, picking up keywords from
the existing Subject metadata item without it picking up *every* document
in the same category.

Easy enough, I though. Just add the metadata element to portal metadata,
add and mandate the use of a vocabulary and bob's your aunty.

Or so I thought. When I tried to add the form field to a customised
metadata_edit_form, nicking the code from the Subject metadata item and
changing 'Subject' to 'Category' wherever, I got an AttributeError,
telling me that I don't have an attribute 'Category'.

Any suggestions..?

Cheers
Martin