[thelist] Fireworks JS in IE6 Win

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Fri Jan 10 19:30:01 CST 2003

At 11:03 AM 1/9/3, List Software wrote:
> Some code generated by Fireworks 3/4 is causing IE 6
> Javascript execution errors... Does anyone know if there's
> some quick fix or should I re-generate the rollovers
> code with FW MX?

I don't recall offhand those back versions having a problem in that later
browser.

When I search the Fireworks technotes with "internet explorer 6.0" I did
not seem to get any relevant hits, but it's often easier to search on a
unique term in the symptom than just on the name of the browser.

I cross-checked in Google Groups, with term "group:macromedia.fireworks
'internet explorer 6', and pulled up eight threads where people had
different isolated symptoms... the browser was likely an incidental detail
here, no pattern, no outstanding symptom.

Fastest test is the one-or-all-files test... check whether a very simple
file works as you expect. Build up from there.

As long as you have the current version, then I'd recommend using that instead.

If you're seeking someone to try to reproduce a condition, then the
Fireworks newsgroup would offer the strongest concentration of folks.

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://jdmx.blogspot.com/