[thelist] Win2K: Changing "localhost"

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Sat Jan 11 10:27:00 CST 2003

 >>Can someone offer some insight as to how I can rename my
 >>loopback to localhost that I may use 127.0.0.1 as my
 >>address again? It was inputted by a set-up wizard, I'm
 >>sure that there must be a setting somewhere for it.

 > Try looking in your install root for the hosts file;

Thanks. Unfortunately, that doesn't do the trick. The hosts file asks for
an ip to be matched to a loopback name, whereas my IP is dynamic, and thus
I would have to edit the file each time that my IP changed. I do currently
have 127.0.0.1 localhost in the host file.

A big part of my confusion is knowing why Moz deals with it no problem,
whereas IE doesn't. I have figured out, however that I can use my current
IP in a url and that works. I would be nice to "get back to normal" as it were.

Thanks though!