[thelist] Does this make sense to you?

Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC) ftarzwell at fayec.com
Sat Jan 11 22:54:01 CST 2003

Hi,

A friend has a client who wants to add another domain to his hosting
account. she tried contacting the hosting company to get that done and
received this from the support people:

"This might be a problem actually.  I no longer manage that server under the
new management and we were never allowed to setup multiple domains per
account.   What most people do to get around this is simple.  Write or
download a quick "default.asp" entry page script that will direct a visitor
to the appropriate site depending on what URL they typed.  These scripts are
common and allow you to have unlimited domains hosted.  Our limitation is
making additional IIS entries both for administration and backup purposes
but using the method above, you wouldn't need our help creating new sites.
Hope that helps a little."

The funny thing is that the client already has 3 domains set up for his account...each domain goes to a separate folder in his hosting space so it seems to me the account already has multiple domain names set up.....
In regards to the "quick "default.asp" entry page script", is he talking about a refresh meta tag? If not then what the heck is it?
She wants to get this done but is feeling quite lost.

Thanks in advance,

FayeC