[thelist] What is this character

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sun Jan 12 17:07:01 CST 2003

> i'm just wondering, did you just know that one?
> is there a way of decoding those?

i didn't know what it was until i opened up russel's page in my text editor

this showed me it was hex 95, which i did not immediately recognize

but 9 * 16 + 5 is 149, and that sure rang a bell, eh

ask aardvark how many times we've argued about using &#149

(i still say no, and i'm not sure where he stands lately, or, to be honest,
whether he was actually ever in favour of using it, or merely tolerant...)

any good text editor will show hex codes, i suppose

i use PFE exclusively for everything -- html, css, coldfusion, content, you
name it -- but it does not show hex equivalents unless the character has no
keyboard equivalent

rudy