[thelist] text-based html editor

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Mon Jan 13 11:21:01 CST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:15:01 -0500, John Paul Ashenfelter
<maillists at transitionpoint.com> wrote:

>> I use a Mac, so my favorite text-based html editor is BBedit. However, i
>> need to recommend an editor to a client who is using windows. What's the
>> best ~text-based~ HTML editor for windows (or if not best, the
>> most-comparable to BBedit)?
>
> Macromedia's Homesite is a great one. Of course now its buried in the
> Dreamweaver MX product (as Homesite+)

HomeSite's original author is the current developer of TopStyle.  I'd
encourage people to look there as opposed to Homesite, which is not only
buried but may someday be completely consumed.

http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/

TjL

--
Timothy Luoma <luomat at operamail.com>