[thelist] Compression color changes in JPG with Adobe PS

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Mon Jan 13 11:34:00 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 16:38, Tony Crockford wrote:
> Hi
>
> can anyone shed an light on why a .tif image with a white background
> gets a pinkish background when saved for web in Adobe PS?
>
> I'm sure it's compression related,

Bingo.

As a rule, if you're looking to use something with a
white background (ie: block of solid colour), you should
be using GIF or PNG, which are optimised for that.

It's not just Photoshop, by the way - I recall getting
stumped briefly about 5 years ago with Paint Shop Pro
version 3 :-)

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com