[thelist] HTML Kit vs. HomeSite

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Mon Jan 13 12:46:07 CST 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:34:39 -0500, John Paul Ashenfelter
<maillists at transitionpoint.com> wrote:

> Pete,
>
>> Anyone have much experience with both of these programs and care to
> compare
>> the two? I am a hard-core Homesite person, but lately I am getting
> concerned
>> about the future of the product. It looks to me like Macromedia is going
>> let it flounder.
>
> They've (MM) said this is the last one -- all the CFers are grudgingly
> moving over to Dreamweaver MX (which in all fairness, has some cool
> features).

Yeah, but it reminds me of Photoshop... a gabillion options and tools which
most mere mortals will never need.  But then again I'm a bear of very
little brain, and big words bother me.

They may also want to consider TopStyle by Homesite's original author, Nick
Bradbury.

http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/about.asp

http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/

TjL