[thelist] text-based html editor

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Jan 13 13:40:02 CST 2003

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil wrote:

> BTW, if anyone knows of a good Windows text editor that uses the Windows
> chrome (toolbars, menus, sidebars, etc) and can incorporate the emacs text
> editor or a reasonable facsimile thereof (it's flexible text-editing
> commands and the like), I'd love to hear about it. :)

I'm not real sure what "Windows chrome" means in this context, but
there is an Xemacs Win binary available -- see <http://xemacs.org/>

OTOH, if you want that kind of flexibility and don't care about Lisp
per se', check out jEdit <http://jedit.org/>. Very configurable, many
plugins, syntax support for *many* languages, macros, etc.

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.