[thelist] HTML Kit vs. HomeSite

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 15:14:00 CST 2003

> Am I missing something here? TopStyle (which I already use)
> is a CSS editor.
> I'm looking for a full-fledged HTML editor/site management
> tool comparable
> to HomeSite.

Have a second look:

http://www.bradsoft.com

HTML and XHTML editing - TopStyle comes into its own as a powerful HTML
and XHTML editor!
Style Upgrade - Upgrade your HTML documents by replacing outdated markup
with equivalent styling. Convert all of your <font> tags to CSS with a
single click!
HTML Tidy - Validate and reformat your HTML with TopStyle's new HTML
Tidy integration. Includes a Tidy configuration that converts your HTML
to XHTML with no effort!
Editor Hyperlinking - TopStyle Pro 3.0's unique hyperlinking greatly
simplifies navigating between documents.
Full Screen Preview - Display your HTML or CSS documents in a full
screen preview which can be split between Internet Explorer and Mozilla
(Netscape Gecko).
Related Styles - See at a glance which styles are related to the current
HTML tag or CSS selector.
File Explorer - Easily navigate your local files and network
connections, and create links with simple drag-and-drop actions.
Clip Library - Store your favorite code snippets in a central location
for reuse.
Thumbnail viewer - See all images in a specific folder with the new
image thumbnail viewer.
Custom Keyboard Sets - Create sets of custom keyboard shortcuts that
insert your favorite tags or other snippets.
Custom Palettes - Create new color palettes by importing existing
palettes from Macromedia Fireworks, JASC PaintShop Pro, Adobe PhotoShop
(ACT format) and HomeSite.
Harmonious Colors - Create pleasing color schemes for your style sheets
and HTML documents with the new harmonious colors feature.
TopStyle Blog - a blog ("web log") is built into TopStyle Pro 3.0,
providing daily links of interest to web authors.
CSE HTML Validator Pro Integration - Users of CSE HTML Validator Pro can
now access its HTML syntax checking from within TopStyle.

It also fully integrates with FTP voyager allowing on the server
editing.

HTH

Tony