[thelist] Compatibility Resource for Netscape 4.7x

Anthony Baker lists at thinkbigideas.com
Mon Jan 13 17:41:01 CST 2003

Okay, second question.

I've designed a website in XHTML/CSS that runs perfectly
under Windows Internet Explorer 5.x and above, and the
Macintosh. I originally designed it with no thought to
Netscape 4.7x, because I just didn't want to bother, and
relative to other browsers, this sucker is dying on the
vine.

Anyhow, my client has had two folks on her beta list who
use Netscape 4.7x say that its gibberish (though all the
other folks on the list have no problem and love it). I
am trying to get my client to disregard these (have them
upgrade -- they ought to!), but may end up having to
modify the site to allow for some relative downgrade to
Netscape 4.7x.

Anyone have any pointers to some great resources on the
subject? I'll be trolling A List Apart, Evolt, and some
other sites, but any killer items would be wonderful. I
would ideally like to find some resources that detail
what CSS attributes Netscape 4.7x accepts (if any!).

God, I just hope I don't have to use tables for the
layout.

Thanks in Advance,

Anthony