[thelist] Re: Index Server Column Question

William Kolean williamkolean at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jan 13 21:51:58 CST 2003

Adam,

You don't need to define a column to get the description meta tags - you
just need to make sure Index Server is configured to generate abstracts. On
Windows 2000, right-click on the Index Server catalog you're using and
select the Generation tab and make sure "Generate abstracts" is checked and
that a maximum size has been set. If it isn't, then make the changes and
then do a full scan (right-click on the directory and choose Full scan).
Then, on your search page, remove the objquery.defineColumn and add
"characterization" (without the quotes) to objQuery.Columns. You should then
be all set.

William