[thelist] IIS Web Host

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Tue Jan 14 07:55:01 CST 2003

> I'm having a few problems with my current hosts and was wondering if
> anyone knew of any decent companies out there.  The things I need are

> 	The ability to install my own components

That's the tough one. 99% of Windows hosts aren't going to let you
install anything on the server since you won't be the only website on
the box.

Check out the components available from CrystalTech:

http://www.crystaltech.com/components.htm

Not enough? ;)

Seriously, CT is the best (IMO) Windows host out there these days. But
even they won't allow you to install your own components unless you've
got a dedicated server, which start at $325/mo...

HTH!
--Ken