[thelist] [LYNX] install and run on OSX 10.2

William Kolean williamkolean at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 14 17:17:01 CST 2003

Lynx should be installed in a directory that's normally hidden in Mac OSX:

/usr/local/bin/lynx

You can do a search again only this time add "visibility all" as one of the
parameters. If you have Lynx in /usr/local/bin then your install worked
correctly, otherwise try installing from lynx-2.8.4-10.2.pkg again.

The developer tools would be necessary if you were compiling Lynx from
source, but you're not, you're installing a package, so the developer tools
are not going to solve your problem.

If lynx is installed and it's in the correct directory try typing this in
terminal:

./usr/local/bin/lynx

Normally programs in the /usr/local/bin directory can be executed just by
typing the program name, put perhaps /usr/local/bin is not in your $PATH so
Lynx is not executing.

William