[thelist] Weird window targetting problem with javascript links

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Jan 15 14:46:01 CST 2003

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this would be the
expected behavior because the new window contained content from a
different domain - so you can't target by name.

A solution would be:

1. Open a frameset document stored on your domain in the new window.
Make one of the frames invisible (100%,*).
2. Create a window opening function that first checks for the existence
of that window, and if it already exists, say something like
myWin.frames['paypalframe']. location = 'http*//paypal.com/'>,
otherwise open the frameset on your site.

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 12:11 PM, Roger Ly wrote:
> --
> Has anyone come across a problem like this before:
>
> I have a page with a link that calls window.open() in the onclick
> handler to open a new window with a specified URL to a named window.
> When I click on the link the first time, a new window pops up, as
> expected.  When I click on it again, another window pops up, despite
> the
> fact that I am trying to target that first window.
Erik Mattheis
(612) 377 2272
<http://goZz.com/>