[thelist] Active-X Controls

MarsHall evolt at MARSorange.com
Wed Jan 15 22:28:01 CST 2003

Hi there Sam...

On Wednesday, Jan 15, 2003, at 16:03 US/Central, Sam Carter wrote:
> IE requires Active-X controls to be enabled for pdf files to
> automatically be viewed.
>
> Is there away around this?

What do you mean by "automatic"?

IE should be able to open downloaded PDF files with the separate PDF
viewer application (like Acrobat Reader).

The Active X control makes it possible to view PDF's in the browser
window (which incidentally seems like a usability nightmare to me ;)

Also check IE's Security settings; make sure it's set to allow
automatically opening files with a helper application.

I haven't used Windows since NT4, so take this all with a grain of salt.

Mars :)
MARSorange.com