[thelist] Browserola

Koutoulas, Pete PKOUTOUL at Fayette.k12.ky.us
Thu Jan 16 12:07:02 CST 2003

Years ago I tried a program called Browserola. It purported to allow one to
see a simulated view of a web page in various browsers and on various
platforms. The program was buggy and I didn't wind up using it but I thought
at the time that if they ever get this right it will be the most useful tool
a webmaster could have. Since then I have looked for this product, only to
find that it is no longer available. I guess they never got the kinks worked
out.

Anyone know of any similar applications out there? I have never found one
but it seems it would be a big hit with web developers. Think of the time
and money it takes to set up various combinations of platforms and browsers
for testing.

I wonder if it is simply too much of a technical challenge to faithfully
simulate all the browser quirks? What do you all think about this? Or am I
missing something obvious? (Wouldn't be the first time!)

    [ pete ]

This student or staff email originated from Fayette County Public Schools in
Lexington, KY.
Please report instances of abuse or inappropriate content to
postmaster at fcps.net