[thelist] Wanted: XML / XSL / XPath Materials

Peter Barrett Peter.Barrett at corel.com
Thu Jan 16 15:07:01 CST 2003

One of the best places that I know of to start for this sort of thing is

http://www.w3schools.com/

Where you'll find tutorials on XML, Xpath, XSL, DTD's, Schema, etc. etc.
- They're very good.

If you're getting into XSTL, you'll want to check out the Q&A at

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/sect21.html

Which is pretty comprehensive & comes with example snippets for lots of
cases you'll run into. Also, as probably comes as little surprise, the
O'Reilly XSLT book is excellent :).

If you're going to be using the MSXML parser, you should check out the
'Unofficial MSXML XSLT FAQ' at:

http://www.netcrucible.com/xslt/msxml-faq.htm

As it has a few funny behaviors that can leave you scratching your head
for hours till you discover them.

Finally, if you don't mind lots of dry reading, you can get everything
in gory technical detail right from the horses mouth at:

http://www.w3c.org

hth,
~pete