[thelist] Dreamweaver rollovers

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Fri Jan 17 07:57:01 CST 2003

Daniel Fascia said:

> I was wondering how robust the macromedia functions are in the real
world??
> are they good crossbrowser JS etc?? any javascript gurus like to shed a
little light

I haven't used DWMX in production yet, but most of the JS and server-side
code that it writes is very bulky and can be slimmed down considerably if
you know what you're doing.  Just like you can reduce the extra amount of
HTML it writes if you know how to edit it.

> Also, if they are bad then is it possible to hack DW to change the code it
inserts.
> I seem to remember Zeldman hacking it to make valid XHTML once

DWMX doesn't require this anymore.  It can write to XHTML.  You just have to
select a checkbox.  The only problem with it is that it still puts the <?xml
..> declaration at the top of the page.