Fw: [thelist] IE 5 and 6 on same box?

Abdullah Shaikh abdullah at uxdg.com
Fri Jan 17 09:49:01 CST 2003

The reason why:

IIS is an integral part of the Windows "Desktop".  For example, If you have
the C: Drive open and you type a URL in the Location Window, you browse a
site.  Alternatively, if you are browsing the net and type Desktop or C:
into the URL window, you are browsing files locally again.

Wether you want to call it Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer, its the
same app.

You used to be able to do upgrade from IE4 to IE5 and launch separate
instances of the two, but I don't think this is possible anymore because
there is tighter integration of Explorer into the OS.