[thelist] ASP and / instead of ?

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Jan 17 09:52:01 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "gabriel rivera" <evolt at protocol0.com>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 10:26 AM

> Here's one that seems popular...anyone tried it before?  I have to deploy
> this on an IIS server soon; it'd be great to get some input on it.
>
> http://www.qwerksoft.com/products/iisrewrite/

I've tried ISAPI_ReWrite (www.isapirewrite.com) and I like it.  It seems
comparable to IISReWrite, but here are some features I really like:

1.  It's free in it's most basic form (one set of rules for every domain on
the box).  You have to buy it to set up rules for virtual domains, but it's
cheap.
2.  The help documentation is really complete in regards to explaining the
RegEx rules.  I actually use the documentation as my daily RegEx reference.
3.  Their support forums are decent.  I got a couple answers within 24
hours.
4.  * When you edit the config file, the changes are immediate *  That means
no having to restart anything when a rule changes.  I know that IIS ReWrite
requires a reboot of IIS every time you make a rule set change.  The reason
I like not having to restart anything is because I plan on making an online
application to create rules on the fly.

HTH,
-joshua